1 1/3c all-purpose flour
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt
3 tbsp of vegetable oil
2 tbsp butter
- Heat a small non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs. Add flour, sugar, salt, and oil; mix well. The batter will be like a thin pancake batter.
- Add a bit of butter into pre-heated pan, swirl to coat, then add one ladle full of batter to the pan.
- Swirl batter around the pan until it covers the entire bottom of the pan by a thin layer and cook for 2 minutes or until light golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Flip out finished blini and allow pan to reheat for 30 seconds then repeat steps 4-6 until batter is gone.
- Top with either sweet or savory toppings (ideas below)!
Topping Suggestions: - Creme fraiche or sour cream, smoked salmon, chopped fresh dill - Smear of peanut butter or fresh tahini and raspberry jam - Caviar, sour cream, and chives - Smear of dulce de leche, sliced banana, cinnamon