Cold Plum SoupPrint This
- 4 Plums, pitted and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 c of unsweetened apple cider
- 2 T honey
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1/2 inch of thinly sliced ginger
- 1/4 t ground nutmug
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/2 t fresh lemon juice
- 4 T sour cream
- 1 T slivered almonds, toasted
1. In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, combine plums, apple cider, honey, thyme, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and lemon juice.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes then fish out thyme sprig and add the rest of the mix to blender.
3. Blend for 2 minutes or until smooth and slightly aerated.
4. Store in glass bowl or container and chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and slivered almonds sprinkled on top.